Strategic Supply Chain Manager (Plymouth)
My client is seeking a Strategic Supply Chain Manager, sitting within the wider supply chain team. The role plays an essential part in the strategic and daily operational success of the site.
The role requires an experienced and motivated individual with a passion for leadership and a proven track record of managing Sourcing and Procurement teams. The candidate needs to possess excellent people management skills, whilst having a natural ability to work closely with suppliers and customers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Management, leadership and development of Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Quality teams and activities.
• Lead and support key commodity strategies.
• Provision of a secure, competitive, compliant and reliable supply chain for direct materials.
• Act as a leadership role model for other team members to follow demonstrating the appropriate leadership behaviours of Conversation, Capability, Co-operation and Collective Success in line with my clients UK values.
The following qualifications, skills and experience would be expected for this role:
• MCIPS completed or near completion.
• Experience in Procurement in a Manufacturing or Engineering organisation.
• MRP and Warehousing system.
• Strong negotiating skills and experience of managing a large spend.
• Able to manage complex projects with multiple input channels and stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of Procurement Law and experience of Framework Contracts.
The following qualifications, skills and experience would also be advantageous for this role:
• People leadership and Management of a team.
• Relevant commodity knowledge.
• Sharp commercial awareness.
• Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
• Persuasive and flexible communicator.
• Tenacious in pursuit of target outcomes.
• Work well as part of a close knit team.
• Technical and Quality knowledge.
This position is a permanent role