Section Leader (Swindon)
JOB TITLE: Section Leader/Specialist
Our client has a global network operating in over 21 countries and regions with bases in 54 locations throughout the world and specialising in supplying: Raw materials such as steel, light metals, plastics and resin; import of parts for JiT to our clients EU production facilities & their suppliers; parts export to their global manufacturing operations; CE Marking of manufacturing equipment. They are an ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 & AEO accredited progressive company, continually exploring new business opportunities to expand their portfolio.
Supervising the operation of the Die and Machinery Group, this role is responsible for the business performance of the Group. This includes ensuring the achievement of company objectives and developing future strategies whilst managing the team.
The group are responsible for the import and export of Dies, Machinery and spare parts globally to maintain tooling and machinery within the Group and also to business partners. Also researching and developing new CE marking marketing opportunities by promoting engineering services to potential new customers.
You will be responsible for leading the expansion of new business opportunities within the EU and globally. You will have a technical engineering background and will be responsible for liaising between the UK Manufacturing and their Head Office.
The main responsibilities include:
· Lead a small team on a daily basis, supervising and developing personnel in order to achieve and strengthen high standards in Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management, Safety and Environment with clear and continuous improvement plans in place to ensure achievements via TQM methodology
· Liaison with, and supervision of, equipment installers
· Seeking and developing new business opportunities, especially within the EU, including toolmakers
· Act as a representative to develop the relationship with key departments, with a goal to expand and promote their business
· Develop ideas and future strategies through involvement with company business planning
· Authorise business transactions, customer quotations, purchase orders and invoices within company deadlines ensuring compliance to relevant company & legal requirements
· Ensure compliance with Corporate Governance and applicable legislation (procurement law, competition law, employment law, etc)
Skills and Experience required
· Engineering qualification to degree level or equivalent, or demonstrable experience within an engineering environment
· Understanding of CE Marking activity
· Preparation and implementation of business plan including long term planning
· Budget preparation, monitoring and review
· Customer relations and providing effective customer service
· Project management and understanding of engineering installation processes
· People management and leadership
· Ability to work within the UK without restriction
· Full UK driving licence for manual transmission
· Ability to travel within Europe and globally without restriction
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000 with great benefits package