Health & Safety Manager (Plymouth)
Our client is a World Class Manufacturer with dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff. They have achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
Health and Safety is their highest priority, so they are seeking an exceptional candidate, ideally with multi-site experience covering manufacturing, engineering, logistics, warehousing, office based and remote working activities.
Responsibilities covering over 500 employees across the UK will include:
· Defining and leading the execution of organisational objectives for H&S, Environmental and Energy management systems (HSEES).
· Driving the continuous improvement of HSEES systems and processes in all their UK sites.
· Providing expert HSEES advice and support across the whole range of their UK business activities.
· The training and development of staff in a range of HSEES requirements.
· The thorough investigation of accidents and near miss reports.
· Being the main point of contact for a number of external HSEES bodies.
· The analysis of data and production of management reports.
· Chairing regular meetings with the health and safety staff representatives, environmental staff representatives and energy management team.
· Working as part of the senior management team towards the success of our client.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Exceptional written and verbal communication.
· An analytical and systematic approach.
· Effective leadership and management skills.
· The ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
· A pro-active, team based and hands on approach to resolving issues.
· Continuous professional development.
Qualification levels required:
· NEBOSH National Diploma in H&S Management or equivalent.
· IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent.
Salary: £35k - £47k
CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certainty Recruitment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acting as an employment agency for this role.