Production Engineer (Devon) - Permanent
Our client is a market leader in the design, development and manufacture of intelligent lighting control for the architectural/entertainment/commercial lighting industry, who are a major supplier of OEM solutions worldwide. In addition, their Integration department provides bespoke lighting solutions for many prestigious venues and projects.
From their stylish new offices and workshop, they strive to cultivate a supportive and creative environment following their relocation to Devon and currently have an exciting opportunity to join their dynamic Engineering Team.
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Electrical and Electronic engineering and experience of working within the electronics manufacturing industry. The ability to work independently as well as working closely with others in a small team is essential.
Core competencies include:
Manual soldering on fine pitch surface mount devices and through-hole wiring assemblies to IPC-A-610 standard
- Excellent working knowledge of MRP and stock control principals
- Experience with QA inspection and dealing with OEM suppliers
- Testing and fault finding to component level on digital and analogue circuits
- Experience with electronic and mechanical design, production and assembly and ECR/ECO change note control
- Experience with JIT and 6 Sigma Lean manufacturing
- Purchasing experience
- Service Desk experience and dealing with end user enquiries and customer repairs
- Good understanding of component level programming of PIC Microcontrollers
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office, with particular emphasis on Excel and Access.
A flexible approach to helping out is essential in a small team. The successful applicant will be comfortable with assisting on occasional trade shows – primarily the build and breakdown of the stand, but possibly also attendance at the event itself, meeting some of our customers.
All candidates must have a full, clean driving licence, an EU Passport and be eligible to work within the EU. Working hours are 8am – 5pm, Mon-Fri.
SALARY: c. £30,000 pa
LOCATION: Bovey Tracey
This position is a permanent role