Finance Manager - Perm (Plymouth)
Our client is ideally seeking a qualified, hands on, ambitious individual for a permanent finance opportunity within their head office in Plymouth. The purpose of this role is to maintain and run the financial and management information functions, work with the CEO to devise strategies to grow as well as managing the finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build an efficient, effective process to support the growth of the business and be focused on continuous improvement. You will also continuously assess, evolve and improve their processes and systems as they go.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Work with the CEO and Management Team to:
- Form a close working relationship and provide high quality strategic, financial and commercial advice to the CEO and other Senior Managers.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy. Challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate and provide robust financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure the timely preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts pack including cash flow management and reporting.
- Work with the senior team to help them plan and manage budgets, forecasting and review P & L, ensuring that resources are prioritised and planned recommendations are implemented.
- Identify key non-financial metrics, develop the systems and processes to capture the information and report on these.
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts prior to handover to the external accountants.
- Contribute to, develop and maintain control and compliant accounting policies and procedures.
- Hands on approach to problem solving with the ability to handle large amounts of detail.
Provide leadership and development to the accounts team to:
- Prepare detailed financial reports including Monthly Accounts within agreed timescales.
- Ensure budgeting and monthly forecasting processes are carried out.
- Drive improvements in the payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Skills and Specifications
There are a number of key skills necessary for the role of Commercial Finance Manager including:
- 5+ years of overall relevant experience.
- Proven track record of supporting strategic decision making.
- ACCA or CIMA fully qualified preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user and excellent administration skills, experience of SAGE accounting software desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
Permanent role; based in Plymouth; working Monday to Friday full-time; salary depending on experience.
There is no relocation package offered with this position.
Certainty Recruitment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for opportunities across the UK, unfortunWe ately we are not always able to respond to each direct application or to provide any feedback. With this, we will contact you within 7 days should you be selected for an interview. However should you not receive a reply from us within this time period, please assume that your application has proved unsuccessful and we wish you every success in securing alternative employment.