IT Developer (Birmingham)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Developer who is educated to degree level or equivalent and has technical experience and skill to continually maintain and develop a range of internal systems. You must have working experience of VB.NET; ASP.NET; TSQL; Mobile Web Sites.
Standard responsibilities include:
ongoing development of new and existing bespoke systems;
- evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs;
- planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- researching and installing new systems;
- guaranteeing the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- securing data from internal and external attack;
- offering users appropriate support and advice;
- managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- mentoring and training new IT support staff;
- keeping up to date with the latest technology.
Salary: £35,000-40,000 per annum
Certainty Recruitment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acting as an employment agency for this role.
Due to the potential high volume of responses that we receive for opportunities across the UK, unfortunately we are not always able to respond to each direct application or to provide any feedback. With this, we will contact you within 7 days should you be selected for an interview. However should you not receive a reply from us within this time period, please assume that your application has proved unsuccessful and we wish you every success in securing alternative employment.