Accommodation and Welfare Officer (Portsmouth)
The Accommodation and Welfare Officer is responsible for developing and maintaining a quality accommodation service which meets the needs of the customer, the business and the requirements of the British Council. In this customer facing role you will be responsible for the quality of service delivered by reception ensuring student centred support at all times.
The role involves:
- To monitor and expand the accommodation resource to ensure demand is met.
- Responsible for the quality control of the accommodation bank within the agreed budget.
- To ensure provision of suitable host family accommodation for young learners (ELT) ideally within 20 minutes but no further than 35 walking distance from the school.
- Planning and arranging accommodation inspections and grading of properties to ensure suitability and adherence to performance standards.
- Work in co-operation with all departments to ensure appropriate assignment of participants to accommodation.
- To effectively contribute towards the delivery of a high quality experience for all participants and students, offering pastoral and welfare support and providing information on local services, amenities and advice on any issues relevant to the students.
- To assist in meet and greet for arriving participants at local collection points, arranging welcome and certificate ceremonies and preparation and issue of exam certificates.
- Maintain effective communication and interaction with accommodation providers through various means including visits, inspections, spot inspections, newsletters and electronic and telephone communication. To process the payments to accommodation providers.
- To monitor and audit student/participant feedback and ensure feedback provided to host families
- To react quickly to any issues that may arise and take appropriate action to resolve them
- A full clean driving licence
Skills and Interests
- The ability to communicate with confidence both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous customer service experience.
There is no relocation package offered with this position.
Salary: £17,500.00 per annum.
This is a full time position working 38.5 hours per week.