Work Placement Development Coordinator (Plymouth)
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a confident and enthusiastic individual to join our client as a Work Placement Development Coordinator.
This role involves increasing the range and quality of work experience opportunities across a broad range of sectors in Plymouth and surrounding area.
You will be a keen networker with a sales/marketing background and a good knowledge of local businesses and culture.
You will be joining a small, friendly, growing team and will be expected to make a positive contribution to the organisation from the outset. You will have an ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently and possess good communication skills. This role may require working outside of normal hours.
The role involves:
- Increasing our client’s base of work placement providers in line with sales forecast and company policy, as directed by the Operations Manager (Work Placement).
- Identify potential new opportunities by actively generating business through networking, social media, face to face, telesales and lead generation.
- To represent the company as appropriate at Networking, business development, training or trade events or similar.
- Completing a search of the client database to find the employer to meet the students request
- Offering assistance to both clients and students with regard to the work placement.
- Participate in visits to work placements with accompanying agents/teachers as required
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment.
There are a number of key skills necessary for the role including:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence.
- Highly motivated.
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team. Able to work unsupervised and with initiative, but within Company Policy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Good problem solving techniques
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal hours. (Desirable but not absolutely necessary).
Hours: 38.50 per week (Job share considered)
Salary: £20,000 pa