Systems Support Analyst (Somerset)
To provide significant technical input into all aspects of R&D infrastructure support including hardware and software packages.
- To work closely with the IS team R&D Systems Support to ensure seamless integration of R&D systems within the wider business environment
- To implement new and improve existing systems and process to ensure R&D is able to work at maximum efficiency and to Best Practice standard as directed by the HOD.
- To ensure R&D is at the latest standards for both software and hardware performance.
- To be the Subject Matter Expert within the department on all issues that fall within your designated area of expertise, and to provide advice, guidance, and direction on those issues to other personnel, when appropriate and necessary.
- To coach and mentor less experienced members of the design team, in order to pass on your own experience, knowledge and skills, for the benefit of the department.
- To take a full part in the development and improvement of the R&D department - be that organisational, team, or individual, and fully support any continuous improvement activities that impact your own working area.
- To represent our client at meetings with other internal and external stakeholders, and to ensure that the interests of the company and the department are properly represented and promoted in an appropriate and respectful manner.
- To ensure all changes to process, methodology, environment, practice, etc., that are put in place within the department are fully implemented in a positive, timely and supportive manner.
- To ensure that attention to detail, shortest time and smoothest transition to production, cost control, and right first time are considerations that you have at the forefront of your minds when engaged in work - for both new and existing products.
- To lead on any Business Improvement Projects given to you by the HoD as a Role Objective, and to support all other BIPs that impact your own job or that of your team.
- Significant knowledge in the area of R&D systems gained in a similar role within a similar organisation.
- Considerable demonstrable experience of leading systems work in a manufacturing business.
- Experience of involvement CI and other BIP activities.
- Previous small team management and leadership experience.
- Extensive use of Solid works 3D modelling software, PDM works, Oracle.
- Trained as a coach and mentor.
- Commercial experience - such as negotiation techniques, supply chain management, customer relationship development, etc.
- Knowledge of rapid production systems including the use of 3D printing systems.
- Trained in LEAN and 6 Sigma techniques for improving the functionality of the business.
- Knowledge of standard production and manufacturing techniques.
If you don't want to wait for the vacancy details and want to get ahead of other applications, please email us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating Systems Engineer.
Salary: Depending on Experience
Certainty Recruitment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acting as an employment agency for this role.
Due to the potential high volume of responses that we receive for opportunities across the UK, unfortunately we are not always able to respond to each direct application or to provide any feedback. With this, we will contact you within 7 days should you be selected for an interview. However should you not receive a reply from us within this time period, please assume that your application has proved unsuccessful and we wish you every success in securing alternative employment.